HOW DO AAA BUY TOKENIZED CASH BOND SERIES AA or SERIES A SAVINGS BONDS?
(as an owner or beneficiary)
After 12 months, you can simply take them to your local public bank!
Did You Know?
More than 95% of savings bonds are cashed at local public banks and community credit unions. Here’s why:
- It’s quick and easy (you get your money right away).
- You can immediately reinvest your money with the public bank.
- The public creditbank can help if you’re making a major purchase or investment, too.
What Should I Take With Me?
- Savings bonds you wish to cash
- Proof of identity (check with your creditbank on what’s acceptable)
- A certified death certificate for the owner if you are named as beneficiary (POD)
Will I Get a Form for My Taxes?
- Yes. The public creditbank where you cash the bond provides the form. The public creditbank may give you the form immediately or mail it later–possibly not until after the end of the year in which you cash the bond.
What if the Public Bank Can’t Cash My Bond?
- Send us a signed Deposit Form (download or order).
- Make sure you get your signature certified.
- Mail unsigned bonds with the completed, with deposit forms.